FLCC: Fast computation of Local Correlation Coefficients
The Fast Local Correlation Coefficients (FLCC) Library is a software tool that provides an interface for the fast computation of two fundamental image processing operations: the distribution of Correlation Coefficients with Local Normalization (also known as LCCs) and the sum of Convolution, between an image (or a stream of images) and an image template. LCCs and Convolution are basic image-based information processing steps that find numerous applications in a wide spectrum of areas concerning image processing and computer vision, such as template or pattern matching, image registration, motion detection and many more.
FLCC provides a simple yet powerful interface for carrying out the computations. The performance benefit is achieved by the following routes:
- FLCC implements a set of optimized fast algorithms for computing LCCs or convolutions.
- It fully exploits parallel architectures, namely multicore CPU processors and manycore GPU devices.
- The FLCC planner automatically selects the most appropriate algorithm (direct or Fourier domain) and device (CPU or GPU) combination, depending on the size of the input and the capability of the computer.
The FLCC Library Version 1.5 features:
- Fast LCC computation of 2D and 3D images of any size
- Fast Convolution computation of 2D and 3D images of any size
- Direct or Fourier domain via FFTW
- Single or double-precision arithmetic
- Streaming of multiple images with the same template
- Multithreaded on CPUs or CUDA on (currently) one GPU
Version 1.5 compiles under Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows (via Cygwin).
- X. Sun, N. P. Pitsianis, and P. Bientinesi, Fast computation of local correlation coefficients, Proc. SPIE 7074, 707405 (2008)
- G. Papamakarios, G. Rizos, N. P. Pitsianis, and X. Sun Fast computation of local correlation coefficients on graphics processing units, Proc. SPIE 7444, 744412 (2009)
This work was supported in part by NSF, a Marie Curie IR grant and equipment donation by NVIDIA.
This is a self hosted fossil repository.